Dr. Ilene E. Wilkins has been the President/CEO of UCP of Central Florida for over 16 years and a member of the staff since 1995. Her prior role was as the Center Director. Dr. Wilkins has been instrumental in growing the agency from providing services to 150 children to making a difference in the lives of thousands of children with and without disabilities and their families.
– Bachelor’s from New York University
– Master’s in Public Administration from Suffolk University
– Doctorate in Exceptional Education from University of Central Florida
– National and statewide leader in the field of disabilities
– Appointed by the Governor as Chairman of Florida Inter-agency Coordinating Council for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities for Children’s Medical Services
– Regional Chair for the United Cerebral Palsy Association Southeast Region
– Head of various policy task forces
– Current member of the Early Learning Coalition of Osceola County
– Central Florida Woman of the Year by the Women’s Executive Council
– CEO of the Year for the Orlando Business Journal
Dr. Wilkins was also a foster parent for ten years, fostering over 150 children and teens. She has a passion for traveling, roller coasters and reading.